Oil burning furnace

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil burning furnace
From: "Steve Budde" <super_racenut@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 22:31:20 GMT
Hi all;
I have a problem with an old oil burning furnace.  The copper line that
feeds the burner seems to be clogged.  I have tried 150psi of air pressure
to clear it with no luck.  I'm convinced that it needs to be replaced which
is where my questions come in.  Is there any substitute for copper??  Some
form of poly?  Also, because the furnace has been here since about 1940 most
of the original run has been covered over with home improvements.  Is there
any reason why I shouldn't run the new tubing on the ceiling??  The reason
is because that would be the easiest way to get to the furnace now.  Also,
how much heat can #2 heating oil take??  How far do I need to keep it from
the hot water pipes that heat the house?  Any info or web sites with info
will be appreciated.

Thanks much

Steve Budde
mailto:super_racenut@hotmail.com