Re: Attic vents

To: pethier@isd.net
Subject: Re: Attic vents
From: George P Dausch IV <gpd4@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 07:46:51 -0500
Phil,
You'll never get a building tight enough to worry about make-up
(combustion air).  Remember that people live in mobile homes.  You'll
need a chimney, generally 4" or 6", whatever the furnace has.  First
choice is through the wall, elbow and up.  Second choice is through the
roof.

There is a product called a dek-tite in the metal bldg industry.  EPDM
rubber, low or hi temp applications, used to seal the connection through
the panel.  Price from $15 for a small one (plumbing vent) up to $175 for
a 15" high temp.  If you need one, I'll either get you one or give you a
vendor contact.  Single wall chimney is hi temp, double wall lo temp.
GPD4