Re: Garage Heating Choices....

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Garage Heating Choices....
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:51:02 -0500
Well howdy there neighbor, I'm near East Greenville (about 20 minutes from
Qtown on 663).  In the last week, I've found 4 people who live in
Doylestown.  Popular place...  :-)

The garage is insulated and so are the garage doors.  Oh, and it's attached.

How much propane do you go through?  This is one of those unregulated
units, right?

At 04:34 11/10/2000,  Chris Heerschap was inspired to say:

>Richard Beels wrote:
> > North of Philly, 900 sq. ft. 2 car garage, 2 windows on the front, none in
>
>Where north of Philly?  Just curious, I'm in Doylestown.
>
> > the rear, 2 garage doors, house heated by H2O baseboard driven by
> > oil.  Propane tank in the back for the kitchen stove and (currently unused)
> > dryer.
> >
> > How to heat the bugger?  Phil's 50 degrees is what I'm aiming for.
>
>Are the walls or doors insulated?  That makes a *huge* difference.  The
>walls aren't insulated in mine, but by insulating the doors (got 2"
>thick foam insulation from Home Depot) that made a big difference.  Then
>when it's really cold I use a propane heater with the two round 6"
>radiant elements.  Does quite a nice job, and no doubt will be better
>when I get around to tearing down the existing drywall and adding
>insulation.  I added a carbon monoxide alarm for when I use that, but
>even with two cars in a 400sq ft (read: darn small) garage haven't had a
>problem with fumes.
>

>cmh
>--
>Chris Heerschap - UNIX Systems Mutilator / Postmaster

Cheers!