Re: Tool Chest Choices...

To: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Subject: Re: Tool Chest Choices...
From: Chris Heerschap <Heerschap@kns.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 04:30:57 -0500
Richard Beels wrote:
> Well, 18 months after moving to PA, I finally have the garage mostly
> cleaned of boxes and finally have room to setup the garage.  It will be
> nice to not have to work in the driveway during this winter...  :-)
>
> Choice 1: Costco 44" in black with (gaudy!) gold pulls, ball-bearing slides
> for $577+6%.
>
> Choice 2: Harbor Freight el-cheapo 26" in black for $180.  Buy 3, have them
> delivered to my house (instead of "renting" a friend with a pickup), have
> more space and save $70.
>
> Choice 3:  Your suggestions for even better and cheaper....

I managed to catch the Craftsman ones on a sale, and got a 6 drawer
bottom, an 8-drawer top, and a 4-drawer middle (same depth as the top
chest, just four more drawers) for somewhere in the vicinity of $270.
Not a bad price.  No ball bearings, but I've never missed them.  Of
course, there's not enough space, even though the thing stands at least
6 foot tall, but it's worked very nicely for me.  I guess this option #3
would put you in between the other two in both price and quality.

cmh
--
Chris Heerschap - UNIX Systems Mutilator / Postmaster