Re: Temporary Insulation

To: Derek Harling <derek.lola@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Temporary Insulation
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 04:32:30 -0400
Derek Harling wrote:
> To my surprise the local "Stor-It" place does not frown on such work in
> any of their units - but of course there is no heat, light, power, water
> etc and no insulation - I'm talking Detroit area so winters are quite
> cold. I can solve the heat and light with a portable kerosene heater and
> a sizable generator I guess but what about insulation?

  Suggestion, don't use a space heater, use a radiant heater.

  Space heaters heat the air and blow it on you. The require a lot
of insulation because the air of course gets cold again.

  Radiant heaters radiate heat, similar to the way the sun feels
warm on your skin. You can aim a radiant heater right at your work
area and anything that faces it will be warm.

  You can get non-electric radiant heaters, but I am not sure what
fuel they use, and how safe that would be.

  Also, a few halogen work lights provide a lot of light and
a fair bit of heat as well. Having them in the immediate
area of your hands really helps.

  I'm in Canada, I know the drill.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.