Re: new hammer drill needed

To: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Subject: Re: new hammer drill needed
From: epetrevich@relavis.com
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 11:07:35 -0400

I just bough the new DeWalt combo 18v cordless kit when I bought my new
house (lots of projects justified the purchase to me)
Anyway, the kit comes with a hammer drill, recip. saw, circular saw,
flashlight, 2 batts and recharger.

Since I bought it, my "corded" versions have remained unpacked at the new
house.  I've been using the screwdriver like mad.  From putting up blinds
to drilling cable and tele. line holes.  I must say that before I bought
the cordless kit, I was NOT a cordless fan.  Now, when I go to help a buddy
on projects (which is often)  I don't need to take a extension cord with
me!!!

Now, my question, does anyone have the DeWalt, radio/charger?  I think that
is what I'm looking at next.  Pros and cons on it?

Thanks

Inch

mailto:epetrevich@relavis.com

                    Scott Hall

                    <sch8489@garnet.acns        To:
shop-talk@autox.team.net
                    .fsu.edu>                   cc:

                    Sent by:                    Subject:     new hammer drill
needed
                    shop-talk-owner@auto

                    x.team.net

                    08/05/00 11:01 PM

                    Please respond to

                    Scott Hall

well, I've destroyed (finally) the old hammer drill I had.  no great loss,
it was a no-name jobby I picked up at the local flea market that looked
decrepit when I paid $35 for it a while back.

so, I need a new one soon (see later post), and this time I'd like a
cordless.  looking at harbor freight's site and the local home
mega-low-mart, I'm thinking I'd like a milwaukee, dewalt, or bosch.  I'm
gonna go with at least the 18v, but I might spend for 19.2v or 24v.

so I'd like the accumulated wisdom to descend on me.  I'd like to have
this one for a good long time, maybe even long enough to let my kid have
it later on.  I heard dewalt was just a glorified black & decker unit, and
I am partial to milwaukee.  bosch seems nice, but I dunno about parts if I
need them.

fill me in, y'all.

thanks

scott