vapor-barrier paint

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: vapor-barrier paint
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:15:58 -0500
I bought some paint tonight for the ceilings in the house.  It is a primer
billed as a vapor barrier.  It is the only thing I found at Home Depot that
said "VAPOR BARRIER" on the can.

I am wondering if there is something else I could use.  See, this stuff
needs denatured alcohol for cleanup.  Is there any vapor-barrier paint which
uses water for cleanup?

The reason I wanted this stuff is that my wife wants to do a repaint of the
entire interior, complete with frufru sponge treatments.  As if there is
anything wrong with the semi-gloss white with which I painted the shop.
Anyway, the house apparently does not have the poly layer I put in the shop.
The attic does get water-vapor infiltration.  If I put a box on the attic
floor, it gets damp underneath.  I don't feel like tearing out the ceilings
and putting up a sheet of poly.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green