Re: a weighty question

To: <jniolon@uss.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: a weighty question
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:30:57 -0400
john wrote...

> As a backup/backup plan, Peter Egan's idea doesn't sound too bad...
> Egan, who is childless, decided to leave all his stuff to " some youngster
> he comes upon who has a rusty screwdriver in his pocket and maybe a
> worn-out pair of pliers trying to work on a lawnmower engine;  whose eyes
> light upwhen he hears a motorcycle pass by or sees a set of wire-wheels >
flash in the sunlight."    I think he is too much of a dreamer, but it is an
> interesting/disturbing question.

If you do that, your tools are likely to be inhabiting the local pawn shop
when that youngster sets his next goal as putting a Jackson Racing turbo kit
on his Honda.

(Alan, don't give me any slack for this post! heh)

I too have some tools which I truly value, like my old Craftsman Whitworth
sockets and wrenches, and they don't see much use at all (at least the
Whitworth stuff).  Although I have a LONG time before I pass away, I'm
accumulating this stuff and it kind of just takes up space.

If there is a ReTool outlet near you, that may be another alternative.  I'm
fortunate to have two (out of the 25 or so in the country) within 20 minutes
of my house.  http://www.re-tool.com  Something's it is totally not
worthwhile for, but I picked up a Dremel flex-shaft for $14.99.  I do not
know what their trade-in values are either.

Cheers,

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kmr@pil.net
1966 MGB -- 1974 Triumph TR-6