Re: Miata tires?

To: Steven Trovato <trovato@computer.net>
Subject: Re: Miata tires?
From: ericm <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:21:29 -0800
On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 08:18:29PM -0500, Steven Trovato wrote:
> OK, I suppose it's too late, but I'll give you my comments anyway.  First
> of all, run, don't walk to www.miata.net for miata advice.

Laura (my girlfriend, who's car it is) went there, found out which
tires are good, and that the RE71s were good tires with good wet-weather
handling (our roads are wet most of the winter).  And that there were
only a few left in the country.  Unfortunately tire rack was sold out
already, so she wound up with Dunlop 8000s (or something like that).

Since I don't do car tires, we're having them drop-shipped
to a local import shop who'll mount etc.

BTW, what prompted this was us accidentally driving down to get the mail
with a tire either flat or close to it.  I've got the flu which is why
I drove, normally it's a 20 minute walk.  Having the flu also kept me
from realizing that the funny noise was a flat tire or that the car was
handling wierd.  When we got out and looked at it it was flatter than a,
well, flat thing.  It won't hold air, it leaks out through the sidewall.
Oops.

They were the stock tires with 30k miles on 'em, so they were about
due anyhow.

miata.net is great.  So's the miata club newsletter.

--
 Eric Murray www.lne.com/~ericm  ericm at the site lne.com  PGP keyid:E03F65E5