Re: Miata tires?

To: ericm <ericm@lne.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Miata tires?
From: Steven Trovato <trovato@computer.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:18:29 -0500
OK, I suppose it's too late, but I'll give you my comments anyway.  First
of all, run, don't walk to www.miata.net for miata advice.  There you will
find links to a forum and a mailing list.  You will also find all kinds of
other information.  About the tires, I have Dunlop D60A2 tires on my 1990
Miata, and I have been very happy with them.  I think they are ideal for
the car for normal, occasionally spirited driving.  I have been satisfied
with them in wet and dry.  There are other tires that offer better
performance, but at a cost of one or more of:  faster wear, higher dollar
cost, harsher ride.  The AVS-i is one of these.  I am not familiar with the
Bridgestone RE71's, so I don't have anything to say about them, good or
bad.  Good luck with them.

-Steve Trovato
1990 Miata
1958 MGA