Re: Turning brake rotor

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Turning brake rotor
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 14:40:37 -0600
Phil Ether harumps:

> After I wrote this, I see that Mr. Clark reposted a  more complete
version, which made >some of the same points I did, so I hope this does not
look to argumentative in retrospect.

Phil  Augumentative?    Never!!!!!!!!     :-)    My notes  (computer
stutters sometimes) were written BEFORE Phil's note hit my machine and it
was an attempt to answer Peter's query only.   Peter has only a drill press
and a disc grinder!  I doubt Peter wants to embark on a machinist education
or the purchase of a large lathe.

I think most will agree that Peter would best be served by having his
rotors/drums turned only if turning is indicated and then on proper
equipment.   Equipment specifically designed to preclude the very defects
Phil illustrates.   The service is very economically and univerally
available.

Tony
Lotus_Eleven_Elite_Elan_23_51_Atlas_Lathe@Sherman.Texas