Re: Trailer Question

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trailer Question
From: "John L. Viviani II" <geeno@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 09:06:49 -0600

It is my second first one was stolen so I must like it. They improved it by
cutting out section on the tail for low transmissions/oil pans. Looks dump
but have yet to scrape anything. Have been able to load lowered trucks no
problem and my father's Viper goes up with 2 inches clearance. Problems when
load or unloading you need tons of space (esp with a long-bed ext cab truck)
The way the trailer operates is you lock the trailer brakes and reverse
(after removing the saftey pins) causing the load floor to side backwards
after it travels past the center of gravity it tilts and allows almost a
flat loading surface. This loading unloading style means the truck also has
to be perfectly alined with the trailer the truck cannot be at an angle or
you end up twisting the trailer over the axles (learned the hard way, took
awhile to fix). What I am trying to say is with my 20-21 foot truck, 24 foot
trailer, 4 feet of tounge, the roll back area (approx 20 feet), car to load
say 16 feet, you need at least 80 feet if you can drop the trailer exactly.
Other than that just at least semi-secure your load before tilting back
(almost had a truck roll forward into tow vechile, wind/stone deflector
saved it). I paid around $7500 with deflector, winch, floor storage
compartments, and floor lighting. (the first one was bought at a major car
show, demo unit, deflector 20 foot cost about 4500.

Gino

> On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, John L. Viviani II wrote:
> > (I do have a 24 foot Texas Roll-Back that I use with my Ram.)
>
> How do you like your Texas Rollback?  I've checked out their site in the
> past, and it looks like a pretty neat design.  But I wonder how it works
in
> practice... and how expensive they are.
>
> -Andy
>
> 72 Pantera - Rocky             91 Miata - Steve                 96 A4Q -
Rudolf
> 80 928 - Phantom             87 E350XL - Andylance             84 RZ350 -
Sting