Re: Recommendation for plasma cutter, and source for spot-weld

To: Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing <mikel@ichips.intel.com>,
Subject: Re: Recommendation for plasma cutter, and source for spot-weld
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 14:58:35 -0500
At 10:44 AM 11/24/99 -0800, Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing wrote:
>My local welding
>shop has a "hobby line" (I can't recall the brand, but the low end one
>had some cheesy dragon (looks like it was copied off bad Chinese fireworks)
>on the side) that was fully self-contained (air too).

That sounds like the one that my business partner bought.  It actually
does pretty well on the auto body sheet metal that we've used it for.
We're gutting a Honda Civic to turn it into a race car, and the plasma
cutter is great.  In fact, everyone that walks into the shop wants to
play with it, so Dan is getting all the cutting done for him!

We have not tried it on anything heavy, however.

Hope that helps,

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu