Re: Tool for a loved one

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tool for a loved one
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 13:20:58 -0500
Well, 12 points are good for when you have a small space to work in and
can't swing the arm of the ratchet very far.  I use FACOM 72-tooth handles
and a 12-point does come in handy sometimes...  But that is about the only
time I use mine...

At 10:09 AM 11/22/99 ,  Chris Heerschap was inspired to say:
>What I've been thinking lately is that it's just fine to get Craftsman
>or Husky or whatever sockets, as long as they are good SIX POINT
>sockets.  Twelve points are good for 1) twelve point fasteners and 2)
>rounding six point fasteners.  There's no other use for them.

Cheers!