Re: Tool for a loved one

To: "Eric J Petrevich/LRM" <inch@megageek.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tool for a loved one
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 21:55:43 -0600
From: Eric J Petrevich/LRM <inch@megageek.com>

>Craftsman was my first choice, but a trip to the local Home Depot and I see
>that they now carry a "lifetime guarantee brand" of tools.  I've been
>impressed with the quality of them also.  Plus, HD is much easy to replace
>something than Sears around here.

On that line of thinking, at least one Home Depot in the Twin Cities is open
24 hours a day.  Haven't ever seen a Sears do that.  The Sears hereabouts
closed at 8 on weekdays when the defacto closing time for retail stores was
9.  So if you can get a tool replaced 24 hours a day, that might be a
significant advantage some dark night punctuated by sudden and unexpected
profanity.