Re: Torque Wrench

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Torque Wrench
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 06:52:52 -0700

Phil wrote:

> No, we are talking about beam-type wrenches here.  My
> beam-type Craftsman torque wrench has the accuracy
> guaranteed for life.

You are right, I was talking about the "clicker" type.  The
beam types *should* be guaranteed for life - they have no
moving parts, or springs to fatigue or weaken.  The bending
properties of a steel beam should pretty well remain a constant
for a long, long time...  8-)

Tim Mullen - only have the "clicker" types any more...