Re: Torque Wrench

To: <LBC286@aol.com>, <jvanho01@tir.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Torque Wrench
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 00:15:24 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: LBC286@aol.com <LBC286@aol.com>
To: jvanho01@tir.com <jvanho01@tir.com>; shop-talk@autox.team.net
<shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Thursday, August 26, 1999 7:32 PM

>In a message dated 08/26/1999 5:34:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>jvanho01@tir.com writes:
>
><< Need help from the list, again.  Well after about thirty years my
Thorsen
> torque wrench has finally decided to bite the dust.  It is a bar type and
> bar actually bent up by the head while I was torquing the head bolts on my
> '58 GMC.  I need some guidance on what brand, type, and source for a
> replacement.  As usual thanks for all the info, it is greatly appreciated.
>>

>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>If it was a Craftsman, you could take it back and get a new one for free.
>The bar type Craftsman torque wrenches are guaranteed for life...no
questions
>asked.  The micro-torque (Or whatever they call it

As I recall, Thorson hand tools are also lifetime-guaranteed.  When Wards
stopped marketing PwrCraft, they would replace broken PwrCraft tools with
Thorson tools.  Then they stopped selling any tools at all and paid you back
to buy Craftsman!  I am not making this up.  Anyhoo, check a Thorson dealer
to see if you can get a new Thorson for free.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/