Re: minor 73 midget problems

To: "Timothy Surdel" <mambo_king47@hotmail.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: minor 73 midget problems
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 23:57:20 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Timothy Surdel <mambo_king47@hotmail.com>
To: shop-talk@autox.team.net <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Saturday, July 31, 1999 10:59 AM
Subject: minor 73 midget problems

>   I don't like to ask stupid questions but I have a 73 midget(1275) and I
>can't find the filler plug for gearbox oil.  I have a book but it's not
>where the book says it is, and I need to fill the gearbox.
>            Thanks,
>                   Tim

As I recall, it is in the left footwell.  I think there is a step in the
vinyl kick panel which reveals the metal for the tunnel itself.  There is a
rubber plug that you pull out and then can reach the fill plug on the
gearbox.  Long funnel, and don't spill any of that oil in the interior.

As I recall, you need NON-detergent MOTOR oil for this.  30 weight.  Often
sold for lawnmowers.

This is all from memory, as I sold my Spridget in 1991.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/