Re: Not the floor paint thread again...

To: "Keith Kaplan (Exchange)" <keithka@Exchange.Microsoft.com>
Subject: Re: Not the floor paint thread again...
From: Fred Zampa <fzampa@cennet.mc.peachnet.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 13:32:31 -0400

hi:
  i have been meaning to convey my floor painting experience. now seems as
good a time as ever.   on advice from listers, i avoided behr one part
epoxy and bought griggs two part , water based epoxy at $30 / gal.  this
gets thinned over 100%
and so is a pretty good value.  i chose white and am glad i did.
  since my floor is new, the purpose of acid treatment is to
promote adesion ("tooth"). this can also be done by sandblasting or by
using a floor sander. since acid is not
pleasant , i used a floor sander- which also leveled things
out a bit.
   i super thinned  the first coat of paint  (as per the instructions)  to
allow penetration into the concrete.  i suspect that this was the problem
with the  behr paint which is so thick it tends to sit on the surface.
behr's instructions call for no thinning.

so far, so good.

    fred zampa