Re: Safety Wire

To: nogera@juno.com
Subject: Re: Safety Wire
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 11:21:03 -0700
Bob :

Usual practice is to twist the ends and cut them off in the twist,
leaving about 1/2" twisted.  Normally it's soft stainless steel (don't
know the alloy), but if corrosion isn't a concern I don't see why you
couldn't use ordinary steel 'baling' wire of the proper diameter.
Copper or aluminum are definite no-nos.  If you live in the US, Harbor
Freight seems to carry a 1 lb spool of .041" SS lock wire for about $8.
They also carry the funky twisting pliers for about $15, which I think
are worth the price even for just a few twists.

Randall