Re: Craftsman Quick Wrench

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Craftsman Quick Wrench
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 16:53:46 EDT
In a message dated 6/25/99 3:21:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
beels@technologist.com writes:

<< Hi.  My name is Rick and I have a set of Quick Wrenches.

 <everyone>  Hi Rick.  >>

Cute!

BTW, has anybody noticed that the traffic on Shop-Talk has increased since
somebody mentioned Craftsman Tools?  Its actually better than asking about
which air compressor to buy.

Another BTW...I have one of those auto-adjust Vise-Grips from Craftsman and I
really don't like it.  You need two hands to grab something with it because
you have to open it so far.  Give me a regular set of real Vise-Grips.

Plus, with real Vise-Grips you can set how tightly you want them to clamp.  I
really cranked them down on a rear wheel cylinder bleed screw (after I
twisted the brake pipe off!) with the cylinder in the bench vise.  STILL
couldn't get the bleed screw off!  I was replacing the cylinder anyway, but
didya ever have one of those days when you just HAD to get that dang thing
loose?!?

Also, have you tried the new Vise-Grip nut-grabber?  (That sounds bad!)  It
has a special jaw that really grips a hex nut.  A good buy IMHO.

Just my 2 cents.  (While killing the rest of the day at work.)

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport