Re: Craftsman Quick Wrench

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Craftsman Quick Wrench
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 15:06:54 -0400
Hi.  My name is Rick and I have a set of Quick Wrenches.

<everyone>  Hi Rick.

I've used mine a few times since I go them last year.  They work OK if the
bolts are on the larger side of the range stamped on the "wrench".  I like
the Robo-Grips much better than "regular, channell-lock-type" pliers and
the automatic vice-grips are pretty handy.  The quick-wrench is useful
mostly in those 'too long for a deepwell socket and I don't have the
Armstrong O-socket set" applications though.

I wonder what the Craftsman tool of the month will be next month though.
They seem to be buying exclusive rights to all kinds of new tools and Bob
Vila'ing the hell out of them on TV.  I hate Bob Vila....

At 12:45 PM 6/25/99 ,  L Smith was inspired to say:

> Just a quick word on the Craftsman "quickie" wrenches.....
> A friend of mine received a set of them from his brother-in-law for
> Christmas last year. He brought them over to my shop while we were
> installing an engine in his van. We both used one wrench one time and put
> them back in the plastic carrying case......
> The van and the rest of the tools he brought with him are gone..... the
> quick wrench set is still in my shop.  Know what....I haven't cared to touch
> them again either.   :-)

Cheers!