The standard 'Lincoln jack" question.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: The standard 'Lincoln jack" question.
From: Arvid Jedlicka <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 19:49:47 -0500
My apologies. This has probably been hashed around
already, but the archives do not cover '99 so I was unable
to find any info.

My 27 year old Sears floor jack died, and I need to replace it.
The '98 archives suggest the Lincoln 2 Ton Model # W93642
as being a "best buy". The prices I've seen on the web suggest
about $300.

Sears, Northern Hydraulics, Mills Fleet Farm, etc. have a Lincoln
"USA 2000", or other obscure/unavailable model number for
about $199.

Would anyone care to enumerate the differences are between
the W93642 and the "hundred dollar cheaper" version?

Also, is anybody aware of the "hundred dollar cheaper" for less
than $199 (I guess that would make it a "greater than hundred
dollar cheaper", but I digress) that is available in the Minneapolis
Minnesota area (in local stores or via mail order)?

Thanks,
Arvid