Re: spark detector and coil test

To: Tony Clark <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Subject: Re: spark detector and coil test
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 06:41:34 -0400 (EDT)
A spark plug is ment to fireunder compression, when removed from the car
there is no compression. By cutting the electrode off you are creating a
space at the bottom of the plug (between the center and outside edge)that
requires more energy to fire. The plug that I describe can be purchased at
auto stores for about $7 dollars. Check one of these plugs out and you
will see how to make one. They also may come with a better explanation of
why to use one instead of just pulling a plug.