coil tester

To: "shop talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: coil tester
From: "Op" <oliverp@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 08:12:48 -0700
I was thinking that a good way to test out my ignition coil would be to
place a wire with a ballast resistor to 12volts and the hot side of coil,
then use my remote starter switch on the neg side to ground, with a spark
plug wire and properly grounded sparkplug hooked up directly to coil, would
I get a good simulation of the ignition system this way. I figure I would
depress switch for a second. Completing the path to ground, and then release
the switch to discharge the coil. Does this sound like a good idea to
anyone? I haven't ried it yet, but might later. Thought I would hear what
you guys have to say.
I would like to have a bench test for coils that does not rely on other
components in any vehicles.

Op

Want to hear how insane I actually am?
Then listen to comedy (attempts?) skits I have done and recorded to Real
Audio format
HTTP://hiddenmic.cjb.net/

For a great article on 3.5 Litre BOP/Rover V8 info and pix of my TR4
HTTP://alumv8.cjb.net/

For a bit of Paranormal in Media
HTTP://ufotv.cjb.net/