Re: Need engineering consult

To: mdunst@smtplink.coh.org
Subject: Re: Need engineering consult
From: "George P. Dausch IV" <gpd4@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 17:44:45 -0400
Mordy,
Just thinking out loud here.  I assume that you looked at and compared
the trailers that the mfr's sell with the lifts already installed.  How
do they do it?

My second thought is that you probably don't want to secure the lift to
the trailer other than at the floor.  The trailer is the weak link, and
the walls probably do flex at speed, basically undulating over the
terrain and in the wind.  I would do some serious securing to the floor
with plates and through bolts, making the base integral with the chassis.
 Then I would have some kind of drop in place x-braces, one each for the
short and long length of the lift, running diagonally, to be placed after
raising to form a completely rigid assembly when in the raised position.
George