Re: Battery Recommendations Wanted.

To: "Bob Bachman" <bobach@voyager.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Battery Recommendations Wanted.
From: Charlie Mathews <cmathews@theramp.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 22:13:40 -0600

At the store that I work at, I was told that there are only 2 companies
in the USA that mamufacture battries.  Johnson Controls is one of them,
don't recall the other.  As I looked around for a battery for my wife's
Audi I noticed that just about every battery I came upon was made by JC
even though it had another companies name on it.  I do know that Yuasa
is now improting batteries and I've had good luck with the gel-cel I use
in my racecar.

A final note for you, the store work for only stocks the "regular car
batteries" not the maintenance free style.  they claim that the
"regular"ones last longer (if you chech the water level in them).

Good luck!

Charlie Mathews
'83 Lola T642