Re: Pittsburgh and Husky tools

To: orion15@usa.net
Subject: Re: Pittsburgh and Husky tools
From: "George P. Dausch IV" <gpd4@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 08:04:47 -0500
Aaron,
I think it's a function of how often you use them.  Side by side, you
will see and feel the difference.  Only have one set, you'll be happy.
On a scale, I rate the brands mentioned at the bottom (although nothing
wrong with them), then Craftsman, then Mac or Snap-on.
That's also how I buy them.  Mac man comes once a week, I buy from him
the stuff that gets used daily.  Break it, hand it back to him.
Secondary tools, short wrenches, crows feet, buy from Craftsman.  Catch
them on sale, use your club discount card, still guaranteed for life and
relatively inexpensive.
One shot tools, probably never need it again, buy it from Harbor Freight.
 But don't expect tool man quality.
George