Re: Screwdriving

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, ken.landaiche@dlcc.com
Subject: Re: Screwdriving
From: jniolon@uss.com
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:00 -0400 (EDT)
     lubrication......drag them over a bar of soap good before you drive
     them.  You might also try square drive...they offer a little better
     grip.

Subject: Screwdriving
Author:  ken.landaiche@dlcc.com at ussinternet
Date:    1/12/99 3:40 PM

Last week I tried to drive some four inch deck screws into studs to hold
some 2.5" furring strips. even with pilot holes, I kept getting near the
end when the bit would slip out of the philips slot and drill it out.
How do you drive those suckers successfully? The bits were new
Milwaukees. The drill was an old variable speed Craftsman with no brake.

Ken Landaiche