Re: Bending Plywood

To: "shop talk" <shop-talk@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Bending Plywood
From: "Barry E. Nielsen" <camel@pipeline.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 16:20:00 -0600
John,
        I usually prefer to use thinner sheets of plywood for bending, and layer
them to reach the desired thickness.  Using this method you can have
compound curves in both directions.  If you only need to bend in one
direction you can always run saw kerf's on the back side of the plywood
that will allow you to bend the plywood.

Barry
At 07:16 PM 1/10/99 +0000, you wrote:

>Has anyone experience of bending plywood?
>
>I need to put a shallow bend on 1/2 " ply to form as nailing platform for
>upholstering the seats on a vintage car.
>
>John Hardy

Barry E. Nielsen
camel@pipeline.com
camel@454ss.com

'64 Impala      327/300hp  'Behemoth'
'87 Camaro
'93 C3500 Duallie Crew Cab      'BERTHA' the tow rig
'94 Grand Prix  The wifes car
Homepage at www.pipeline.com/~camel