Re: Compressor air-lines and tank draining.... Was:New guy on the list..

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net, mikel@ichips.intel.com
Subject: Re: Compressor air-lines and tank draining.... Was:New guy on the list...
From: jniolon@uss.com
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 07:53 -0400 (EDT)
     Mike,

     check with the TIP folks   The ones that make the blast cabinets, etc

     Their catalog has a great graphic on plumbing air compressors, showing
     overhead headers and drops with drains, valves etc.

     Plumbed my shop this last summer by their plans and have been very
     pleased.  No water in the seperator...I drain the tank about every
     month...yea, daily, yea right !  somebody needs a life !

     Their web page is www.tiptools.com  but they also advertise in several
     mags, Street Rodder, Classic Truck..etc...

     Check out the page it has some very good tech info on it you can
     download and keep for reference..  the air line pic is on the page and
     is downloadable and readable with Adobe Acrobat.

     hope this helps

     john

     BTW  no matter what size air compressor you bought.....is isn't big
     enough..  Ham radio operators have a saying... If your antenna/tower
     didn't fall last year...it isn't big enough   same theory applies to
     compressors...you can't get one too large