RE: Inside Track Club

To: "'Mordecai Dunst'" <mdunst@smtplink.coh.org>, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Inside Track Club
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 16:39:24 -0600
If you keep your eyes open... once in a while they do slip in some "quality"
tools such as Milwaukee and SK... usually not at quite the "killer" prices
but still respectable.  On things like the smaller blue tarps the price gets
crazy (.99 for a 4x6 tarp).

I picked up one of the 'angel' grinders (sorry, couldn't resist) two years
ago... it's noisier than a comparable Craftsman unit.. but even at the $29 I
paid it's done ok.  I bought it knowing I'd probably trash it quickly... but
it's held up so far.   Right after I bought it my friend loaned me the one
he'd bought..it's nice having more than one grinder so I don't have to keep
swapping cutting discs for wire brush and back.

Yes, some of their other tools are... well... definitely not professional
level.  But good enough to get an idea if you later want to spend the real
$$ for a good quality version.

JMO

Jim