Re: Solvent for parts washers.

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Solvent for parts washers.
From: "Nils O. Ny" <n.ny@intest.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 11:22:52 -0500
At 11:26 AM 11/23/1998 -0800, Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing wrote:
> .... snip ....
>of starting a fire.  This also happens to be right next to the breaker
box, but is
>about the best I can do.  So I really want to find something safe to put
into it.
>I seem to recall Agithene (sp?) from Grainger was the ideal choice, but
it's beyond
>what I can justify.  I'm thinking kerosene, mineral spirits, or something
non-petro,
>like Simple Green, or that bid-degradeable stuff HF sells
..... snip ...
>Thanks,

Hi Mike,
Been there !  Done that !  Go ahead and spring for the Agitene
you will not regret it.   It is a bit expensive (about $40 per 5 gallons)
but there is no substitute!!!!  Mineral spirits just don't cut it / Any water
based stuff rusts your equipment as well as not working as well /
Kerosene sort of works but the smell is so bad that my wife insisted
that I stop using it.   Some stuff is certainly a fire hazard as well.

The Agitene is Safe / Easy on your hands / No smell / Works Great !

Regards  Nils
Yardley,  PA
59(100-6)  69E-Type  72/73MGB  52MGTD