Argon , CO2 , Weld mix ????

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Argon , CO2 , Weld mix ????
From: nogera@juno.com
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 07:58:30 -0600
When welding mild steel with a MIG set up, is there any advantage to
using Argon or a Argon Co2 mix as apposed  to CO2 ?   Also my supplier
says if I switch to argon I will have to change my regulator to a Argon
regulator. Can use my current regulator and change out the regulator
input fitting ?

And finally, my Mig has four amp settings , well true to my life the 22 g
metal of my current project seems to fall right smack between 1 and 2.
Any suggestions as to techniques  to reduce the heat  to prevent burn
through.

Bob Nogueira