Re: wire welders

To: Curt Strohacker <strohacker@chesco.com>
Subject: Re: wire welders
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 02:37:59 -0500
Curt Strohacker wrote:
> The SP-100 is the basic flux core welder that Lincoln sells to get you into
> the MIG market. It does not have the circuitry to control the welding that
> the MIG PAC version can do.

  Is the SP-100 the same as the weld pak?

  I have the weld pak 100 with the gas kit.

  If you buy a weld-pak 100 and add the gas kit,
you get the same thing as a MIG pak for about the
same price. One advantage though, you end up with
a spare roll of flux core wire and the tips you
need to use it, something you would pay $50 or
so to add to the Mig pak.

  While I have no use for the flux wire, it works
out free and maybe I'll use it someday to weld up
something that doesn't need to look pretty. The gas
is somewhat expensive to use if you are doing long
welds.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca