RE: Hydraulic Press

To: "'Gil Fuqua'" <gfuqua@corpcomminc.com>,
Subject: RE: Hydraulic Press
From: Jeff Zurschmeide <zurschmeidej@interactivenw.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 14:52:52 -0800
I have one from Harbor Freight - a benchmounted 12 ton model.
It's your basic chinese-made angle iron accident with a big bottle jack
and some springs. A quick look at it and a welding rig and you
could probably duplicate it for $20 in materials and a new jack.

With a decent set of arbors and some "custom" fittings I've made
myself, there hasn't been anything I haven't been able to press.
In fact, I've been tempted to make a *smaller* one, rather than a
larger one.

JZ