Re: Lincoln Floor Jack

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Lincoln Floor Jack
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 22:53:22 -0500
To all those who offered a home for my floor jack, thanks.  It's fine, I
just wanted to buy another and couldn't remember where I got the first.
Two of you said Harbor Freight - even providing the URL
(http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/DisplayItem.taf?ItemNumber=37440).
It wasn't in the catalog I glanced through and I was in a hurry (pumpkin
carving party).  I don't remember it being $300 though.  I must say that it
works flawlessly and the only thing I've changed is to weld on a cross bar
to the top of the jack arm.  The 2-1/2 or 3 ton jack at Costco's looking
pretty good - even if it is in that garish NASCAR paint scheme.    Guess
that would be the first thing I powder coat, eh? <g>

Cheers!