Re: Extra jack lifting height

To: Heerschap@eng.kns.com
Subject: Re: Extra jack lifting height
From: james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com (James Babcock)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 11:47:21 -0400 (EDT)
I've had this problem before when changing a transmission while the
car was on stands.  What I did was to use a scissors jack sitting on
top of blocks of wood.  I think that the block of wood that you used
shifted as the car was raised since the contact surface with the wood
was no longer level with respect to the wood.  If you place the wood
under the jack, it shouldn't slip.  Just the same, don't get under
the car without the stands firmly in place!

Jim

--
James A. Babcock, Software Engineer    email: james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com
Alcatel                                  WWW: http://www.usa.alcatel.com