Re: Suspending a hoist

To: strick@arches.uga.edu
Subject: Re: Suspending a hoist
From: Bill Strickland <strick@arches.uga.edu>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 16:26:21 -0400 (EDT)
I doubled a pair of 2x6's about 8 feet long and spanned about 3 joists.
Took a strong chain and wrapped it about 4 turns around the beam,
secured the chain with a bolt and connected the hoist to the middle
loop of the chain where I left a little slop (technical term) for the
hook on the hoist. Worked well on a little Buick 4-banger and the
350 Chevy from the Chris-Craft with all the extra castings. YMMV, tho,
so take care!

*** Bill Strickland K4DX *** The University of Georgia *** Athens, GA ***
***(Not writing on behalf of the University of Georgia or anyone else)***