RE: Shop Equipment for sale

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Shop Equipment for sale
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 09:55:00 -0500

-> Maybe so, but some companies *will* sell the tanks.  I bought
-> a set of tanks years ago, because I planned on keeping them
-> and didn't feel like paying rental charges forever.

 The DOT regs that started the mess are pretty stupid, but the shops
love it, since it lets them screw more money out of their victims.  Er,
customers.

 You can buy tanks from Northern Hydraulic or Sears at about half of
what most welding suppliers want.  Keep your receipt - it wouldn't be
foolish to laminate it in plastic.  Paint your tanks some unique color
and stencil your name on them.  Arrange to have the tanks refilled while
you wait - the "swap for a full tank" scam lets them take your tank,
which they then hydro and swap to someone else; you now have *their*
tank, which can make it hell to get it filled anywhere else.  All four
of mine got stolen this way before I caught on.

I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?
=================================== http://home1.gte.net/42/index.htm