RE: Arsenic (Was: Cheap workbench advice wanted.)

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Arsenic (Was: Cheap workbench advice wanted.)
From: "Nils O. Ny" <n.ny@intest.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 16:10:26 -0400
At 12:55 PM 4/22/98 -0700, Keith Kaplan wrote:
>How worried should I be about the sawdust generated by cutting pressure
>treated wood?

If you are a healthy normal adult I would not worry about it at all !   As
far as I know the effects are not cumulative like that form lead or
mercury.   If you are affected in any minor way stop eating the saw dust
and the effects will go away.   Like I said before .... people used to eat
the stuff !

On the other hand,  if you are one of these health nut/ tree hugger type
I'd suggest to you that the fumes from the gas you inhale while filling
your lawn mover is probably much more dangerous and you should probably
spend at least 50% of your time worrying about it

Regards, Nils