Re: Cheap workbench advice wanted.

To: mliggett-receive-shop-talk@elise.kiva.net, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cheap workbench advice wanted.
From: Duncan120 <Duncan120@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 17:11:21 EDT
In a message dated 98-04-20 12:00:30 EDT, mliggett-receive-shop-
talk@elise.kiva.net writes:

<< The problem I have now is that I can't find 4x4s that are NOT
 pressure-treated.  None of the local lumber yards have 'em. >>

Try Menard's or Home Depot.  Menard's in the Chicago area has them in various
lenghts.  Also consider "Simpson" strong ties, they are a galvanised connector
so you mearly have to join the boards together and nail.  Craftsmen will
cringe and it does look rather crude, but they are quick and do the job. You
may have to order the corner pieces but it didn't take over 4 days at Home
Depot.