RE: Atlas lathes and Shopsmiths

To: "'Larry Hoy'" <larryhoy@ecentral.com>
Subject: RE: Atlas lathes and Shopsmiths
From: "Tobin,Herbert" <htobin@foxboro.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 09:18:28 -0500
Larry,

I ordered some parts for this lathe just a few years ago at the Sears
parts department. They had microfilms showing an exploded view and a
pretty complete listing of all the parts. I would not be surprised if
the manual is listed as one of the parts.
It is almost a requirement to have the manual that refers specifically
to this lathe if you intend to use features like metric threading. I
doubt that a manual for anything else would do the job. Incidentally,
the manual has sections on doing things on the 6" lathe and other
sections on doing the same thing on the 12" lathe, so I would guess that
the same manual is meant to cover both sizes.

As a matter of fact my old manual is giving up its binding and I could
do with a new one myself. I think I'll head down to Sears and check this
out.

                                        Herb T.