tire changer

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: tire changer
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 17:05:00 -0500
-> I suspect this thing was made by someone else and labeled for Sears,
-> but I don't know where to start looking for parts or repair.  Sears
-> is no help at all.

 Coats is your major player, then FMC, and lately a few imports.  I'd
try Coats first... aaahhhh... dang, I have a manual for mine around
somewhere... try your Yellow Pages and call one of the places that
carries supplies for tire stores and see if they have the number handy.
Chances are 9 out of 10 Coats made the thing.  If you can describe it,
or fax a picture to them, they might be able to tell what model it is.

-> about 5' long, 3' high not counting the post. The former owner says
-> the cylinder is worn out. I took out the cylinder and it is sealed.

 If it's leaking air badly it might have a worn packing.  Since it's
sealed and doesn't work anyway, you might try cutting off the very end
of the cylinder and dismantling it.  There's not much in an air
cylinder.

 A hydraulic repair shop should be able to re-tube the cylinder if
needed.  Hydraulic cylinders are welded, so service requires cutting end
ends off and putting them on a fresh tube.  Here in East Jesus there are
more hydraulic shops than computer stores.

==dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us===http://home1.gte.net/42/index.htm==
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?