tire changer

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: tire changer
From: rex.burkheimer@chrysalis.org
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 98 13:00:07 -0500

    I recently acquired an old tire changer from a friend. It is in need of
repair.
     This machine is Sears brand. It looks like an older conventional machine,
about 5' long, 3' high not counting the post. The former owner says the
cylinder is worn out. I took out the cylinder and it is sealed.
      Anyway, does anyone have any idea what I have here and what i can do with
it? Former owner used it as a manual changer, using a long pipe to turn the
center post and make the bead breaker come up.  I don't want to do that ;)
 I suspect this thing was made by someone else and labeled for Sears, but
I don't know where to start looking for parts or repair.  Sears is no help at
all.

Rex Burkheimer
Ft Worth TX
rex.burkheimer@chrysalis.org