[Top] [All Lists]

Re: Bending steel tubing?

To: Tim Mullen <>
Subject: Re: Bending steel tubing?
From: Martin Scarr <>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 07:05:44 -0800 (PST)
If you're referring to the bender that has a hydraulic jack, dies and
rollers, and the jack is used in the verticle position...they sell this as
a pipe bender, not a tubing bender.  It works okay on pipe, not very well
on tubing.  I don't think the dies are the right size for tubing.

Martin Scarr

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Tim Mullen wrote:

> For what it's worth, you can get mandrel tubing benders from Harbor
> Freight (and others I'm sure) for $100 - $200.  They are not
> professional quality (they will take longer to set up for each bend),
> but they look good enough for home use.  I just checked their web
> site:  They have one bender for $110 and
> another for $210.
> --
> Tim Mullen

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>