Re: sandblast, again

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: sandblast, again
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 08:29:00 -0500
-> Also pressure blasters don't usually have a gun at all.  There is a
-> nozzel at the end of the hose with a ball valve to shut off sand and
-> pressure. I don't recommend turning it off that way.  Start by
-> turning off the pressure feed.  Otherwise you will eat up the ball
-> valve in about 3 days!

 I got that impression from looking at the pictures.  I get the idea
that, for all their supposed superiority, the pressure blasters are
designed for blasting houses, bridges, and other large, immovable
objects.

 Looks like I'll have to put up with the siphon feed stuff.  The main
problem seems to be grit packing up in the tube - the stuff I'm using is
damned near like flour - and I've been looking at some of those cheap
little guns that have a hopper on top.  Seems like those wouldn't have
much in the way of a siphon tube to stop up.  The next idea is to use
some sort of vibrator or agitator to help keep the grit loosened up.

====dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN, EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C '92==