Re: sandblast, again

To: Dave Williams <dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us>
Subject: Re: sandblast, again
From: Douglas Shook <dshook@usc.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 20:52:50 -0500

- big snip -

--
Dave,

I strongly recommend that you get a TIP Tools catalogue, spend some time
with it, call them up and chat, and then decide what to purchase.

I ended up buying one of their "38-Special" pressure blasters--for what
most home shop folks do, the 70-S probably is the biggest bang for the
buck.  TIP retails it for $329, but I got it on a monthly sale for $275
with another $15 knocked off for various coupons.  It simply is great.
You can get a higher sand capacity blaster, the 99, for $379--probably a
good choice if you are doing longer production runs (it holds 80-90 lbs
of sand compared to 70 lbs for the 70S).  The rest of the equipment is
the same.

I have learned a great deal from reading the TIP catalogue and from
talking to their staff. Contact them at:

800 321-9260
or
http://www.tiptools.com

doug