Re: tablesaws

To: trovato@computer.net
Subject: Re: tablesaws
From: Miq Millman <miq@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 18:17:15 -0700 (PDT)
I have a Ryobi BT3000, which  is fairly versatile, but on diagonal and
hardwood can be kind of slow.  Also, since the "fence" is a mitre affair, I
end up checking it with a square for the important stuff.  This summer I had
access to a Jet Saw with Unifence guide and a 5 hp motor.  It was like night
and day.  Of course I think the Ryobi was about $600 at Costco, and the Jet
was close to $3000.  If I were to do it again, I'd still go with the Ryobi,
parts are easy to get at Home Depot, it's fairly sturdy aluminum, and suits
my once/month usage pattern just fine.  If it breaks, maybe then I'll go
looking for a used contractor Jet or Delta saw, I see them in the Nickleads
every week for $800 to $1500 depending on features.

--
__
Miq Millman   miq@teleport.com