Re: cheap air tools

To: james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com (James Babcock)
Subject: Re: cheap air tools
From: rwil@cts.com (Roland Wilhelmy)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 20:53:58 GMT
On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 15:09:14 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>I was hoping that a cutoff tool would accomplish this the next
>time that I need to do a similar job, but it sounds like it might
>be a little weak.  So...how do folks cope with cutting bolts in
>tight quarters (sorry, an acetelene torch is not an option)?
>
>Jim Babcock
I use a die grinder (a cutoff tool without the guard) for lots of weld
grinding and sheet metal cutting.  It sure doesn't seem slow to me.
This is a die grinder of oriental manufacture, and I have been using
it for hobby work for several years.  The grinding wheels don't last
too long, especially the very thin ones that work fastest for cutting.

-Roland